Salary: £19,000 - £24,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week. This will involve working shift patterns due to the organisation being operational 24 hours a day.
Closing Date: 3rd May 2019
IPRS Aeromed is looking for a reliable and empathetic Travel Assistance Case Operative to join our international travel assistance team.
The position is diverse and challenging (but rewarding) and will involve the successful candidate to work at the front line of the business to support our varied client base, where you will be responsible for co-ordinating services such as a medical evacuations, repatriations and air ambulance.
The role will involve taking inbound calls from customers abroad relating to a medical situation, in which you will be required to accurately record the customer's situation, concerns and current location, whilst using empathy to understand the customer's emotional well-being.
The successful applicant will need to possess the following attributes:
- IT Systems: you will be trained to understand and manage high cost and complex inpatient medical assistance claims, including organising evacuations, medical treatment and liaising with clients to provide updates, therefore you must be capable to multi-task using various computer softwares
- People: a proactive, can do attitude with a real focus on customer quality and the ability to quickly build rapports with people whilst remaining professional at all times
- Organised: able to self-manage a personal portfolio of customers with the ability to prioritise
- Communication: be proficient in both verbal, listening and written skills and able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- You: demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with a flexible approach, working on your own initiative whilst performing as part of a team
- A second language other than English would be preferable
- The individual will have the experience of UK worldwide repatriation sector
What we will provide you:
We offer a competitive package, which can be tailored to an individual's requirements, with major opportunities to progress into a management role within the business as it develops and grows over the coming years. Other benefit of joining IPRS Aeromed include:
- 21 days annual leave and 8 bank holidays; increasing with completed years’ service
- Use of Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential counselling
- Holiday Buy-Back and Sell Back Scheme
- Health Cash Plan; receive money back on a range of healthcare treatments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Membership to the Company Profit Share Scheme
To arrange either an informal conversation or for more details on this role then please contact Vicki Stuart (General Manager) at: email@example.com
Please read the full Job Description before completing the application form and forwarding it to: firstname.lastname@example.org